1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Need graphic card recommendation

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Groff, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Groff

Groff Active Member

Nothing fancy, just one that is compatible and stable.

The PC XP DAW is based on Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 and Intel DP35DP main board (P35).

2. iamfrobs

iamfrobs Guest

Do you want dual monitor support? If so, 8800gts or 9600gt from nvidia

3. Groff

Groff Active Member

Thanks Frobs

No I'm looking for a single, that would be just fine.

4. iamfrobs

iamfrobs Guest

Well I would say stick with Nvidia, their driver support seems better than ATi at the moment. Choose based on the power you need, will you be doing video as well? Take this with a grain of salt though, I'm talking from a strictly nerd standpoint right now (no audio production taken into account).

5. Groff

Groff Active Member

Thanx man

I have found all parts, mostly tested and true for audio PC, except the graphic card. I'm pretty lost in this video support provided via PCIe. I'm guessing which one is trouble free for audio work. Graphic card sometimes can cause a lot of problems.

No, video is excluded, it's strictly for audio.

6. iamfrobs

iamfrobs Guest

Stick with a high level 8XXX series nvidia card then. They are widely used, have good drivers for xp, and will perform well. 8800 series will fill your requirement, and probably wont break the bank

7. Groff

Groff Active Member

I'll try it. Thanks Frobs, I appreciate your help.

8. heres2life

heres2life Guest

i use an evga 8800gtx seems great and stable no issues whatsoever so far. i also have a second one one that i used for two weeks but my needs changed and now its just sitting in its box it will probably end up in the F/S section if your interested

9. Groff

Groff Active Member

It's faster and easier to buy the card here in local store than international mailing (and probably intercontinental too), but thanks for the offer.

10. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

If you're using any of the older digidesign cards, check compatibility. Many won't work alongside a pcie card at all.

11. Groff

Groff Active Member

Thanks Hueseph,

Actually I'm helping my friend on upgrading. He has older (discontinued) Echo Gina 24*96 pci card, which still works well.

MIDI