1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Need help and advice on building my first Home Studio

Discussion in 'Recording' started by purgatoryninja, Dec 29, 2010.

1. I am recently attempting to building my bedroom studio to record mainly vocal and acoustic guitar. The path of bedroom studio seems hard to me at this moment, but I believe it will go smoothly the more I learn :)
    Back to the topic, in order to start the bedroom studio, I have already bought 2 equipments which is:
    AI: M-Audio ProFire 610
    Mic: Rode NT1-A
    and I am using MacBook Pro as the working platform, then I plan to use Logic Pro as DAW.
    And I know there are more equipments that I need to buy as following:
    Monitor Speaker (Too expensive, so I would probably leave that later)
    Closed back Headphoned (Any suggestion? AKG? Sennheiser? I hope for below $90)
    Midi Controller (Any suggestion?)
    Mixer (I guess I won't need to have one at this moment)
    Is there anything I have missed ???
    Anyone can provide me suggestion and comment :) Thank you very much!
  2. Boswell

Boswell Distinguished Moderator Resource Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Home Page:
    Wow! I guess for your bedroom studio you have spent so much on Logic Pro that you don't have a lot of cash left for equipment, let alone a bed.

Are you aiming to put down the guitar track first and then dub your vocals over the top? If so, you will certainly need the closed-back headphones for monitoring during the tracking. You don't need a mixer - Logic Pro covers that function.