1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Need Help finding the right audio interface!!!!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by noobtastic, May 2, 2008.

1. noobtastic

noobtastic Guest

Ok. here is the deal. I have been doing live sound for several years but I want to branch out and start doing recordings on my computer, this means that I need to get an audio interface for my Macbook.
    I would like to run at least 6-preferably 8 channels into my comp via firewire 400. But here is the catch. I don't want to buy an interface that charges me for mic pre amps because I have a Allen and Heath mix wiz 16:2 and this mixer sounds beautiful, I love its microphone pre-amps. So I plan on running the my band into the mixer and run the TRS line outs into the audio interface and Shazam!

Is this a good idea? Does such an interface exist or am I just ignorant?

Thanks ahead of time for the responses guys
  2. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Distinguished Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Scotland, UK
    Try this and see what you get. You'll need line inputs and you can set it to show only Firewire ones.

I used this to confirm my suspicion that the delta 1010lt works best for me, and once I get the cash I'm getting one.

And you can come back here with a rough idea of what you want to go for, for more advice.
  3. BRH

BRH Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    LA, CA
    Always thought this look good, but never used one.

Check out RME too.
  4. droc8705

droc8705 Active Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    you could try this...
    (Dead Link Removed)

or this...
    (Dead Link Removed)

or better yet (but more money), this...
    (Dead Link Removed)

it all depends on your budget...happy hunting.

5. Crankitup

Crankitup Guest

I just bought an Echo Audiofire 12 because like you I don't need any mic pre's in my interface. Check out their line

TPS311016DVBR datasheet