1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Need Help!!! MOTU 8Pre!!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by XxBoRGxX, Nov 18, 2007.

1. XxBoRGxX

XxBoRGxX Guest

my drivers disc was messed up so i downloaded them from the website, and when i go under control panel to my sound and recording devices, it is recognized and says that it is working properly.

when i open up sonar and i go under audio options to set the options to use the 8pre, when i click the box, it only shows my realtek sound card, it shows nothing of the 8pre, but when i go to midi options, i does show my 8pre.

any ideas on why sonar can't find my friggin 8 pre for audio and only midi?

2. bwmac

bwmac Active Member

Mar 15, 2007
    I'm not sure and you probubly already tried this but leave the motu on and reboot.
    I know that when installing the drivers you can't plug the device in first or it screws up the driver setup. In some cases I would have to del/uninstall the motu device and then reinstall the drivers and then plug it in and reboot.
    other then that, make sure its the right drivers from motu, I find sometimes they are not that clear.
    Good luck
  3. HansAm

HansAm Active Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Are you sure Sonar supports ASIO?? Just a wild guess
  4. bwmac

bwmac Active Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Ya, I am using some Asio drivers but a can't remember which ones. I have a 828 and am in sonar 64 mode with win pro 64, so I had a hard time finding compatipal drivers and anything. But ya I run sonar-6 with my motu 828 using the asio drivers but it took a while to find some that didn't lock up. Oh ya, I can't have sp2 installed because it locks up and sputters with these drivers. I don't know why as I am no tech.