1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Need help on this project

Discussion in 'Recording' started by NativeRhythms, Dec 15, 2005.

1. I am kind of new to recording and have a pretty big project comming up. I am set to record a Native American drum group in the future and am looking for a couple suggestions. For those of you who are not familiar with a drum group here is a pic http://www.powwows.com/galleries/showphoto.php?photo=11106&cat=529&limit=recent.

I currently have an Apple computer and run Logic with a M-Audio 18/14. If any of you could give me suggestions on which direction I should go when dealing with mics in a cost-effective way.

Thanks for your time!

2. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

I have a couple of Rode K2's I've been using for stereo percussion with great results- there are many great mics out there that I am sure will work fine for the application as well, but the K2's have been doin the trick for me :D If you look around you can find them for around $600 ea. or so.
    I've read that the NT2A are a cheaper alternative as they have the same capsule. However, not having heard them I can not vouch for them as I can the K2. Good luck! 8)

3. Vaylence

Vaylence Guest

OH OH OH, please tell me you are gonna do it in 5.1!!!! I'm thinking that that format would give you great results. I think that a sterio recording of that would be limiting for what they are doing, by looking at the picutre I mean.

4. Calgary

Calgary Active Member

That's a good point. This would seriously rock in surround.

5. 5.1? I am game, but i have no idea what that is. I am kinda new to recording.