1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

need help syncing yamaha electronic drums with samplitude / abbey road kontakt 5 drum

Discussion in 'Samplitude' started by poni618, Nov 1, 2012.

1. poni618

poni618 Active Member

Oct 3, 2012
    i have yamaha dtx express IV digital drums, and am trying to sync with samplitude and abbey road 70's drums -vst (konkakt 5)

so i can see that midi information is getting in to samplitude, but nothing is coming through the drums. the abbey road drums work perfect with ableton/yahama dtx as far as, - yamaha snare drum pad matching with abbey road snare, etc...
    however! my presonsus 22vsl causes a crackling noise whenever i try to use midi ( i have already called presonus techs, gone through all the optimization, etc... still have problems - also, i highly DO NOT recommend the presonus 22vsl, but now i'm stuck with it) so, i want to record the drums in samplitude (there doesn't appead to be any crackling sounds) and import my beats into ableton.

so yea, again to clarify my question - how can i get my yahama drum pads to match abbey road drums. please note, that hitting any drum pad on my yamaha dtx does absolutly nothing in abbey road drums, i have mapped out my yahama dtx in ableton showing that :

hh open - A#1hh closer - F#1
    kick - C1
    tom 1 - c2
    tom 2 - b1
    tom 3 - g1
    ride - d#2
    snare - d1
    side snare - E1
    other symbol - C#2 - B2

with the keyboard pulled up under abbey road drums there is nothing being triggered by hitting the pads, though the MIDI light blinks in samplitude.

please help !

and is there a simpler program or something
    i need to record drums!!
  2. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff Resource Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Prince George, BC
    Home Page:
    Sounds like you need to setup your midi channels too.

Start a new session using the 16 midi channel template. It will automatically create 1 thru 16 midi tracks. Enable them. See if you are getting one of the 16 channels to respond.
  3. poni618

poni618 Active Member

Oct 3, 2012
    channel one is showing volume up and down when i hit the pads.
    i have it set for midi