1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Need help with recording set-up

Discussion in 'Recording' started by JRG, Dec 31, 2004.

1. JRG

JRG Guest

I have just connected an Audio Buddy pre-amp to the line-in of my Creative Audigy 2 sound card in order to record from a dynamic mic and guitar. I hear a great sound from my speakers simultaneous with my recording (Is this always-on monitoring normal?), but the recording level into Sonar 4 is extemely low, and it sounds like there is some kind of line noise (similar to an impedance mismatch). When I use a USB connected desk mic for other purposes, such as VOIP and recording in other applications, it works fine. Any ideas for a fix? Thanks much.

2. moonz

moonz Guest

Do you have your mic setting in front of the speakers you are monitoring with while you are recording?

:roll:

3. JRG

JRG Guest

Actually, I wasn't having a feedback problem, just no sound being recorded. I found that, since I had my pre-amp going into the auxiliary input, I didn't have the auxiliary input volume up high enough. Thanks.

4. moonz

moonz Guest

oh..ok.

I wasn't really thinking in terms of feedback...I was thinking that maybe you were picking up a bit of the monitors in the mic, and this was maybe where your noise was comng from.

Of course setting a mic in front of monitor speakers is definately asking for feedback...anyway....glad to hear you got it sorted

:wink: