1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Need help with this mic shootout!!

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by nanoanakin2000, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Hi guys , I just recently done a great little mic shootout. It is between 4 condenser mics, priced between $250 - $800.

--- Shure KSM27
    --- Rode NTK
    --- Audio Technica 4040
    --- Rode K2

It is a 9 second clip of me singing a passage from one of mike pattons albums.

It was recorded in my friends studio. Signal chain used is :
    Presonus Eureka pre - pro tools HD converters - pro tools LE software

I want to post this but I dont have any webspace or anything to put these 24bit wav files on? They are approx 2mb per file , and there is 4 files.

IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS ANY WEBSPACE OR SERVER YOU COULD PUT THESE FILES ON PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD OR PM ME.!!!!

I am very exicted about this shootout , because I was very surprised with the results.

I am hoping to make it a "blind" listening test. And then later post the results.

2. Hey Kurt , maybe you could help me out here. If you got time?

3. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

I don't know what I could do for you .... I don't have a server of my own and the RO server has all it can handle with the site.

I post my clips on Nowhere Radio ... NWR usually allows you to post one or two songs at no charge and unlimited bandwidth for $15 per year... The problem is that you cannot post covers on NMR without proper clearences. The 2 covers I did were cleared by the publisher for demonstration only purposes before I posted them.