1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Need lead on good source for Schoeps mics

Discussion in 'Microphones' started by jmkays, Sep 15, 2005.

1. jmkays

jmkays Guest

Hi. I'm new to Recording.org. I'm looking for a good source (new or used) for Schoeps mics; specifically, the CMC64 US stereo set. I'm a jazz trumpet player interested in doing home recording. Many thanks. Please feel free to respond offline, as well: kays@iplawfirm.org.

Jason

2. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

U.S. Importer for Schoeps is Post Horn Recording in New York http://www.posthorn.com/

The person you want to talk to is Jerry Bruck who is the owner.
    212 242-3737

3. FifthCircle

FifthCircle Well-Known Member

Actually, Posthorn hasn't imported them for several years... They still sell them and Jerry [obviously] knows a ton about them. Redding Audio is now the US importer.

There are many dealers and all of them have traditionally had the same price for them new. Another good dealer is AEA in Pasadena, CA (Wes Dooley's company).

--Ben

4. jmkays

jmkays Guest

Many thanks!

5. Thomas W. Bethel

Ben,

Not what his website says. Are you sure?

6. FifthCircle

FifthCircle Well-Known Member

That's what the ads in Mix Magazine say and to add on the front page of Reddingaudio.com "Redding Audio, Inc. Imports and distributes Rycote Windshields Limited and Schoeps Microphones and Accessories and Lightwave Audio Systems in the United States..."

I believe the deal started sometime around 2001.

--Ben

7. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

I've bought all my Schoeps from cascademedia.net and in every case, they drop ship them from Redding cuz their closer to me.

J.

8. Thomas W. Bethel

Actually all of these are "dealers"

http://www.reddingaudio.com/schoeps/dealers.php

9. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Oh, I know. I just like to buy from them. Redding is the importer/distributer though for N. America. I'm not sure about the PostHorn situation, but I know Redding is where mine come from.

J.