1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Need some tips

Discussion in 'Recording' started by BlackTalon, Sep 9, 2003.

1. BlackTalon

BlackTalon Guest

I'm wondering if I could get some tips on using regular speakers for monitors..I know it won't be as good as monitors but I have no choice at the moment if I can understand how these work and thier weaknesses maybe I can get by. Here are the stats if any of you can understand them..

Total Audio Power 30 Watts RMS
    Input Sesativity: 300 m V for full output
    InputImpendance: >10 kOhms
    Frequency Responce 45 Hz - 18 KHz

Subwoofer

Driver: one 6.5" long throw
    Audio Power 18 Watts RMS @ 1%THD
    Crossover Frequency 150 Hz

Then some stuff about Satellites ?

Don't know if that makes sense to you guys but with those stats could what is it's weaknesses, and am I better off mixing with just my headphones?

[ September 09, 2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: BlackTalon ]

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

It's pretty simple. You use what you got until you can afford to get something better. Compare what you do on both the speakers and headphones and with other places you listen to music on. Make adjustments as necessary. Careful when using the sub, it can be misleading when you compare from speakers to headphones and to other speakers.

3. BlackTalon

BlackTalon Guest

Thanks for advice. I just got those speakers I mentioned a home stereo and some i duno maybe $20 headphones that pretty much cover your ears but still crap. I have my speakers set up at the right height but where exactly should the sub be?

4. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Well I think the sub should be towards the middle of the speakers and clear from any obstruction.

5. invisibl

invisibl Guest

and listen to a bunch of CD's or whatever to acclimate yr ears to what the commercial CD's sound like & what yr ROOM sounds like.

BOL