1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Neumann U87 Microphone

Discussion in 'Microphones' started by gigcity, Mar 16, 2013.

1. gigcity

gigcity Active Member

Hey Guys,

If you're looking for a Neumann U87, there's a crazy deal to check out. This purchase will also help the Hear Now Festival to launch. More here: HEAR Now: Audio Fiction & Arts Festival 2013 by HEAR Now: Audio Fiction & Arts Festival — Kickstarter

Executive Producer's credit for HEAR Now Festival
    1 U87 Ai Microphone (with EA87 Shockmount)
    1 HD380 Headphones
    1 Festival pass
    hotel accommodations for 1
    1 round-trip domestic airfare
    1 round-trip domestic airfare
    1 master class with Charles Potter, Grammy / Audie winning director
    and a thank you on HEAR Now Festival web site.

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

I spend $3300 on this Spam microphone is going to get somebody else a pair of headphones, a festival pass, hotel accommodations and airfare so they go see Charles Potter right? Yeah that is a crazy deal for sure for sure. I think you should go instead of Charles? And why you should make enough money on the sale of those 87's to stay in that hotel for a year? And then Charles can tell you how he also got rich on a similar pyramids scheme right? What is it is that I'm supposed to hear now? It's 5:30 AM Monday morning and I don't hear much of anything?

Maybe I need another 2 DB at 10K?
    Mx. Remy Ann David

3. gigcity

gigcity Active Member

Hey Remy,

I guess the text isn't clear. This is a donation which gets the donor all of the above - the mic, shock-mount, headphones, hotel/airfare to the festival, and a festival pass. We have a sponsorship from Neumann which allows us to offer this to our donors.

I'm sorry that you see this as Spam. I see this as a great deal that the pro audio community might be interested in. It's kinda like a 'for sale' -- and I apologize if we have posted in the wrong thread. But as for the spam nature, Please show me another chance where someone can both buy a microphone and help to sponsor a festival - aka educational opportunity? Isn't this a good thing that we should share with the audio community?

Thanks,

Ray