1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

NEVE *CHEAP*

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by tripnek, Jan 19, 2004.

1. tripnek

tripnek Active Member

I'm not sure if this console would be very applicable in the studio setting, but it seems extremely cheap ($5200) for 24 channels of Neve preamps, EQs, and Compressors. I don't know which model preamps it has (broadcast console) and since I don't have the cash to buy it, I don't feel the need ot look into it further. Just thought one of you may be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2373654467&category=23785&sspagename=STRK:MEBWA:IT&rd=1

Here's another one somewhat interesting, although I find it hard to believe they will let it go that cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2373462513&category=23785&sspagename=STRK:MEBWA:IT&rd=1

2. by

by Guest

Ouch I'd buy that if it worked and I had room.. too bad :(

3. buttachunk

buttachunk Guest

this is a good deal...

4. Tommytones

Tommytones Guest

That 5100 Neve (those are 4 bus modules + L/R) is a good deal if the price stays down as it is. It's a very good little board but does require some maintenance. 1st thing, it will absolutely need to be recapped from head to toe. There's a lot of caps in there...I know...I did an entire recap for an 84 channel 5100 (slightly different module) and it took a long time and $$. There's over 100 caps in each of the modules on the console on ebay (way more in the desk I did). This will have to be done ideally every 2-4 years. The sound of the desk was completely different after the recap. It came to life and sounded the way it was meant to.

5. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

just a heads up on the D&R

check to make sure it has preamps... I think a number of boards were made just for post work and didnt have preamps.

oops... its over heheh....