1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Neve preamps

Discussion in 'Preamps / Channel Strips' started by coldsnow, Jun 7, 2001.

1. coldsnow

coldsnow Active Member

Has anyone tried the Dan Alexander or the Brent Averill Neve design preamps (or others)?

2. OneMan

OneMan Guest

I am going to pick up a Dan Alexander and an Avalon M5 and compare them in my studio. I will let you know how I like the DA. I used a Vintech for a while and really liked it. I'm sorry I didn't buy it.

OneMan

3. erockerboy

erockerboy Member

Hey, has anyone heard of a guy named Wade Chandler? Supposedly he refurbishes the old Neve pieces. (Kinda like Brent Averill, et al.) Anyone heard of/used his stuff?

TIA,

-e

4. Twist Turner

Twist Turner Guest

I'd really recomend the Brent Averills. I just had one channel go down on my 1272, I called them and they said, send it in, they would repair it totally go over both channels and do anything thing else to upgrade and recalibrate it, all at no charge. You really can't beat that kind of service. I"m sure impressed.

5. radiophonic

radiophonic Guest

Don't forget to look at the new Great River MP-2NV - it's based on the preamp from the 1073. Worth a listen...

Regards,

Graham

6. hollywood_steve

hollywood_steve Active Member

Hey, has anyone heard of a guy named Wade Chandler?

I'm gonna guess that he is the guy whose gear has started showing up in the Sherman Oaks Guitar Center. A couple of months ago I asked about these "Chandler" mic preamps and got no response. The look similar to the Brent Averill units, but I couldn't find any info online or elsewhere about the company. At least we now know his first name. ;)

7. MadMoose

MadMoose Active Member

Originally posted by hollywood_steve:
    Hey, has anyone heard of a guy named Wade Chandler?

I'm gonna guess that he is the guy whose gear has started showing up in the Sherman Oaks Guitar Center. A couple of months ago I asked about these "Chandler" mic preamps and got no response. The look similar to the Brent Averill units, but I couldn't find any info online or elsewhere about the company. At least we now know his first name. ;)

I know Vintage King audio sells the Chandler stuff. I don't know a thing about it though.

8. coldsnow

coldsnow Active Member

How do the Audix Mic pre's stack up against the Neve.

9. faganking

faganking Member

I own a Chandler Limited LTD-1. It is a souped up Neve 1073. He used to work for Brent Averil, and he is a VERY nice guy. I love the box. He is making a couple of other very interesting units as well. I encourage any and all to check his work out. Chandlerlimited @yahoo.com 949.235.5178
    Tell him Benjy sent you.

Sincerely, Benjy

10. atlasproaudio

atlasproaudio Active Member

The Vintech X73 is an incredible bang for the buck. Sounds very very nice to my ears.

Regards
    Nathan Eldred
    Atlas Pro Audio, Inc.