1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

new box!!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by llornkcor, Oct 18, 2003.

1. llornkcor

llornkcor Active Member

I just got me a new box! p4 2.6gHz asus p4s800, havent tried serious audio yet, as I need to get my studio together down under here.

trying to remember where I put that cubase dongle......

2. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

llornkcor2,

Beasty box my friend! My job just got a bunch of dells w/2.6s in 'em. I don't think I've ever seen Windows boot that fast! Now i gotta convince them to give me one to replace my PIII 450 :roll:

We want a full report when you get it up and running!

mitz

3. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Well-Known Member

I am looking at an ASUS P4C800. Any comments on this mobo compared to the P4S800??? (I actually cannot find the P4S800 at my local soda shop)

4. llornkcor

llornkcor Active Member

hmm.. dunno.
    where's Opus?!

hmmmpft, I lost my Cubase dongle moving here....

5. Doublehelix

Yeah, where is OPus??? Must be enjoying married life a bit too much!!! :)

6. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

The S in P4S800 strands for SIS, which means that it uses a Sis chipset. My advice, is for the least amount of worry, go Intel with the P4C800, even if you have to mail order it.

mitz

7. Doublehelix

Thanks for that mitzelplik, I would never go with the sis chipset, and have always kicked out the extra for the Intel chipset. My local dealer probably doesn't even carry the P4S800 for that very reason.

8. EdWray

EdWray Active Member

I just put a box together with a p4p800 custom. Giant step up over the Abit board that died on me last weekend. :tu: