1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

New charts at The sessions nice work Dan Richards

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by mikE@THECAVE, Jun 26, 2005.

1. mikE@THECAVE

mikE@THECAVE Guest

Have you guys seen these charts for preamps and mics that Dan is working on?? :lol: very cool for us shoppers
    http://

2. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

I just mastered ("regular" mastering - As close to a flat transfer as possible) Dan's new Listening Sessions disc - Small condenser microphones...

Pretty impressive sounds from some surprisingly cheap (not "inexpensive," but *CHEAP*) microphones in the collection...

That disc is going to take a few people by surprise...

3. MistaG

MistaG Guest

Frankly, I find both the mic and preamp charts fairly useless. The measure of grain vs smooth are critical in both mics and preamps. If something is very colored and very grainy, 9 times out of ten you won't end up using it, for very long, and will seek to get a device with more detail.

Both of these charts require a measure of grain and a measure of frequency response to be truely useful.

He uses 4 variables on the mic chart there should be 6. Preamps are rated from transparent to color yet, there should be 4 if you include grain and freq response.

4. mikE@THECAVE

mikE@THECAVE Guest

well hes still working on them --but i dont think he can give every detail on each piece....it just to give you a :roll: basic idea of what your lookin at..
    also if you see the {marks} on the Great river that shows the range of the preamps color.He probably will add these for each preamp...