1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

New DAW for Home Studio

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Zero, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Zero

Zero Guest

After a serious bout of paralysis by analysis I've finally settled on a DAW. I could use the advice of more experienced recording engineers. I'll be doing garage type rock mostly and would like to have the ability to mic a drum kit at some point (currently using Groove Agent).

The unit is available in a tower or rack and while I like the rack idea it seems like it would be an oven as opposed to the tower.

here's the link: http://www.electracomp.com/product.php?productid=16221&cat=248&page=1

Any guidance/advice will be most appreciated.

2. Zero

Zero Guest

Well, the volume of advice is almost overwhelming...

Is there a tip jar here I didn't see??

SONICA-X Guest

I am not crazy about the interface. Get a PreSonus Firepod with 8 good quality preamps. In addition, you can use up to 3 Firepods so your system can grow with your studio.

here are a few other options for builders that specialize in PRO AUDIO.

My best,

Guy Cefalu

Sonica Audio Labs
  4. Zero

Zero Guest

Thanx for the reply. I'll check out the Firepod and the sources you listed.

I was beginning to think the entire forum population went on a sabbatical...

One other thing - I'll be using Sonar 5 Producer. Any special considerations I should taking into account for this app?