1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

New DAW Motherboard required

Discussion in 'Recording' started by czechmypockets, Mar 24, 2005.

1. howdy folks

I came across this site when I was researching my DAW, now I have compiled and built the following:

ASUS a7n8x-e Deluxe Motherboard
    AMD XP 2500+ Retail
    2x Corsair 512mb 3200XL DDRam
    10gig System Disk
    2x 200gb Seagate SATA (Striped)
    Matrox G550
    M-Audio Audiophile 2496
    Antec Sonata Case

Think that about wraps it up... Been using it for a while now without any trouble, but I purchased a USB Midi Controller and it wouldnt work. I tested it on another computer I have here (AMD/ASUS a7v333) and it worked.

Through a bit more research and talking with ASUS + M-Audio there is an inconsistancy in the USB controller (MCP-T) on the Motherboard, which cannot be fixed.

So now I need a new motherboard, I would like to only purchase the motherboard, but if i need to switch to an Intel setup I will..

Anyone got any ideas on what I should get?
  2. mcmilliron

mcmilliron Guest

does your m-audio card have a midi input? I stopped using USB midi after having problems with notes sticking.
  3. yeah the audiophile 2496 does have a midi input,
    but i wanna keep that open to clock my mpc2000
  4. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    have you tried a powered usb hub.
    i have used that motherboard (built systems)at least 80- 100 times for Pro Audio

AMD mobos seem to have a lot of issues with USB that get fixed with a powered hub.