1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

new guitar speaker

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by NCdan, Sep 12, 2008.

1. NCdan

NCdan Guest

OK, so this may be the wrong forum, but I'm not a fan of forums in general, so I don't subscribe to many :D ... So, I've done my research, and I can't quite decide between two Eminence 12" speakers: the Screamin Eagle and the Black Powder. They both have a tight, controlled bass with bright mids and extended highs. To my ears, the Black Powder seems to have a bright, nasal fuzz tone that has a lot of 4KHz. The Screamin Eagle seems to have a more mid scooped tone with a more even high register. Anyone have any experience with either? Hmmmm, the sound clip page link doesn't work, so I'll post this page and you can click on sound clips: http://www.eminence.com/guitar.asp?speaker_size=10.

Btw, I use a Carvin V3 head, if that makes any difference. Much better than the M's (both of them) 8) . I'm not a uber distortion type of guy: enough to make pinch harmonics sustain a bit through passive, moderate output pickups. Thanks and God bless.

2. Joshh

Joshh Active Member

i do own a cab with 2x screamin eagles, have done for a while now, i use single coil pickups and a orange tiny terror, and they sound absolutley fantasic, tone is immense

3. NCdan

NCdan Guest

How are the highs, Joshh? It sounds like they're pretty prominent and extended. Are they more in your face or smooth? Thanks and God bless.

4. Joshh

Joshh Active Member

i would actually say there in your face, especially when you have it turned right up and are pushing the valves to the brink of exploding