1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

New Interface - Need Help Choosing One

Discussion in 'Recording' started by BuddyGreen, Dec 25, 2009.

1. BuddyGreen

BuddyGreen Guest

So I used to have an Alesis IO26 Firewire Interface which worked great... until I got logic 9. Now the Alesis isn't compatible at all and I need to find a new interface. I've been looking but I can't find any that separate phantom power into 2 channel blocks as opposed to 4 channel blocks. I do a lot of live recording with dynamic and powered Mic's in addition to doing studio overdubbing/engineering work so it's pretty important to me to find an interface that can run with all my needs.
    Any Suggestions?
    Much appreciated
    Buddy

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Budget?

3. BuddyGreen

BuddyGreen Guest

Hmm, pretty nonexistent right now, I'd say from about $200-$700 at the most in the near future. I'm right now looking at a Motu 8pre that looks pretty amazing for $500.
    Any thoughts?

4. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

AT that price, you don't have that many options. The only other interface I could think of is the Firestudio but it only has Phantom power in sets of 4. The 8 pre has individual phantom power which is pretty good for the price.

5. jg49

jg49 Well-Known Member

My Firestudio Project switches phantom power in blocks of two channels.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Active Member

The firestudio project is an amazing piece of equipment for the money.