1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

New KEL microphone: HM-7U

Discussion in 'Microphones' started by patrick_like_static, Aug 31, 2008.

1. KEL's in the news again with a website makeover and a new microphone model, the HM-7U ($299). It's slated to ship in late September (though, historically, it may end up being later). No sound samples are available at this time.

"We start with a quality capsule featuring a K47-style backplate to get the basic sound in place. Instead of crappy tubes and junky transfomers we use a proven class-A, dual-FET, transformerless circuit with premium WIMA film capacitors to squeeze out all the rich detail the capsule has to offer."

What do you guys think? Are any of these specs desirable?

2. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Active Member

I am buying it just because of the shiny blue light!

3. fiddler59

fiddler59 Active Member

If it is anything like there other products it should be a good piece of gear. I own 2 hm-1's, a hm-2d, and a hm-4 and find all of them really useful and great bang for the buck !!

David B

4. I could do without the blue LED. But I'm with you, David. I never got to hear the HM-4s but I'm a fan of KEL's other products, and of their company in general.

5. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Active Member

Was only joking about the blue light. I have an HM-1 amd it's my favorite amp mic; I should have got two. I am looking forward to the HM-7U.

Kelly is a stud!! can i buy stock in the company?

6. jowillie

jowillie Guest

Voice samples Here:
    VO Mic Tests HM-2D & HM-7U

7. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Well now THAT was interesting.

Must have new Kel mic.......A perfect compliment to my 25 year old Neumann U87.

8. Several new samples of the HM-7U are available here.