1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

New Setup for Project works

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Kunalgiri, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Kunalgiri

Kunalgiri Active Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Home Page:
    Hi All

This is my first post in this forum and I am sure I could have a great learning and professional suggestion from all you.

I am setting up a project home studio and needed some advice on the gears that I could get. I have a very low budget as of now, I already have a computer with proper configuration. The next step I was to select a Mixer and sound card for my computer that could allow me to do multi track recording.

While going through the list of all the gears I came across with two alternatives 1) I get a mixer that has firewire port for multitrack recording (Phonic Helix 18FW), this would save me spending on soundcard. 2) M audio Delta 1010lt and Behringer Eurorack UB1832FX Pro.

Pls suggest me as to which option do I go for I see merrits and demerrits with both. With the firewire mixer I would lose out the midi sync I/O and also not sure about the latency.......Can I use another USB Midi I/O along with the firewire mixer? Does this effect in the latency?.......Which one in terms of latency would be better PCI sound card or Firewire?

Thanks in Advance