1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

New small pro studio

Discussion in 'Room Acoustics / Isolation / Treatment' started by angel72bg, Aug 16, 2015.

1. angel72bg

angel72bg Active Member

My new small home studio.

Attached Files:

2. angel72bg

angel72bg Active Member

More pic...

Attached Files:

3. pan60

pan60 Active Member

4. Brien Holcombe

Brien Holcombe Well-Known Member

5. angel72bg

angel72bg Active Member

I hope that I will have no big problems.This room is made by golden ratio dimantion.
    The floor is flooting above the concrete by 6 inch.Also that red absorbers are made from stone wool 95 kw3. and they are 5.5 inch thick.

6. Brien Holcombe

Good luck with this room...see ya soon.

7. angel72bg

angel72bg Active Member

Thank's bro.
    I will report soon when I finish the room.

8. angel72bg

angel72bg Active Member

Studio A Sound.jpg

pcrecord likes this.
  9. pan60

pan60 Active Member

What size is the room and are those corners set up as large bass traps?
    It is hard to see the layout just see one part of the room.
    :)

10. angel72bg

angel72bg Active Member

11. angel72bg

angel72bg Active Member

The size is in centimeters;
    HIgh 235 cm
    With 378 cm
    and lenght 554 cm
    The grey corners are made from,
    behind- nothing аir,
    Then rock wool 10cm- 95kv3
    then gypsum,
    then vinil(rubber)
    then again gypsum
    3 layer total.
    All walls are made the same.The floor is 4 layers .
    I will post all pictures from start to finish and every step is there.

12. Brien Holcombe

I have a lot of concern with the way this build was developed...from the floor to the shape to what you just described.

So, it would be better if you first post the response data from your testing of this room rather than dump a zillion pretty pix ¥)

13. angel72bg

angel72bg Active Member

Ok man,I have same finishing jobs to do and then will test with analizers and so on...
    Have a look here.All things are made how these moves recomendet.
    http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/thestudioedge101-planning-a-recording-studio
    http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/thestudioedge102-constructing-and-fine-tuning-your-studio
    http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/thestudioedge-103-case-study-the-home-studio

14. angel72bg

angel72bg Active Member

The floor is like this with auralex U boats
    https://www.google.bg/search?q=auraleh+floor&rlz=1C1KMZB_enBG536BG536&espv=2&biw=1536&bih=783&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIxOiUlMCzxwIVifByCh1bHg6d#tbm=isch&q=auralex+floor
    Also the walls is like this
    http://auralex.ihostsolutions.net/gallery/images/mfi_3co.jpg
    I hope that you are not right that this room will not sound good.
    Soon I wiil install all my studio gear and the show time begins.
    And I think that you are right about the pictures-they are pretty(that is the point)and they are honest to the originals.

15. pan60

pan60 Active Member

I think the issue is the that sound reflection will have a focal point based on the corners and the reflective surface's.
    It may not be as big an issue with the absorption you have, but I would have left square them stuffed mass absorption in them.
    It looks very nice and a lot of work their but I tend to agree Brien, it look like it my not have a great sound field.

16. angel72bg

angel72bg Active Member

The back wall will be whole with absorbers-8 cm of rock wool 70kw3.
    By the way I fill very good sound when I clap with hands,not dead not to reflective no funy resonans.Soon will see and hear that f...ing room...

17. pan60

pan60 Active Member

It may sound good. With the absorption it may be great.

18. angel72bg

angel72bg Active Member

By the way every major company like Auralex,Vicoustic,Primacoustic and so on,recomendet do not over aborber you room if not recording vocals.

19. pan60

pan60 Active Member

I like a less reflective room so I only cover absorption if absolutely necessary.
    The absorption you have may be the saving grace?

20. angel72bg

angel72bg Active Member

I am agree with you,I want balanced room,not dead not reflective.
    That big corners at 45 degrees are not my freak.The bulding has main constuction colon that can not be remove in the right corner.And I deside to make the same 45 degrees corner to the left side also.
    But the red absorbers are big and thick with roock wool 95kw3 and they are 13 cm.Also they are about 10 cm from the walls.Also the are movable,I can move close to the wall or far from them.I can achive about 30 cm into the room .