1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

New Studio Pics

Discussion in 'Recording' started by marknrox, Aug 23, 2005.

1. marknrox

marknrox Active Member

This has been my 'quit smoking' project for the last 10 months. It's been a very rewarding project. I'm glad it's finished, but have to admit getting there is just as fun.

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic2.jpg

[/img]

2. sushifish

sushifish Guest

Nice work! Looks great :cool:

3. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Very cool! A suggestion: get some low frequency absorption in there too.

4. marknrox

marknrox Active Member

Thanks.
    You know, the LF only seems to be an issue upon playback when NOT sitting in the mix position. Otherwise playing live sounds fine.

5. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

LOL unfortunately during playback is when you don't want the LF. I'm currently bass trapping the hell outta my room.

6. marknrox

marknrox Active Member

Maybe one day I'll trap the room, but for now I don't think it's worth the time and money to fix the few hot spots. Besides the room sounds pretty good! :D

7. twenty5south

twenty5south Guest

Killer looking place you got there!!!

Dont forget to use difussion in addition to absorbtion.

Just my $0.02
    Peace,
    BEN

8. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

That is pretty cool! I like the use of creative design. Someday I want to cover the floor of a room with 4" acoustic foam. Just too lay on, watch movies and stuff. :lol:

I think the bigger problem with bass isn't so much when your room sounds extra bassy to your ear, but when the bass waves bounce around in a way that they cancel frequencies a bit, and confuse what you think you need to mix in. = muddy mix in your car.

9. I like the wall and ceiling colors you chose. What are they?

10. marknrox

marknrox Active Member

Black and Grey.

11. marknrox

marknrox Active Member

Just Kidding...

I'm sorry, I couldn't pass that one up! :lol:

Thanks Brian, I'm very indecisive, and labored over colors for a few weeks!! It was from the Lowes' American Traditions colors. But I just don't remember the names right now. I chose the darkest charcoal that sorta matched the foam and the wall was from the same 'family' a few shades lighter, sorta confederate blue/grey. Now you've got me curious. I'll see if I can get the names for you.

12. I've been very indecisive about colors to use with charcoal/burgandy foam, which is why I asked. You made a great choice. Somehow, I knew you were going to say black and grey. If you can get the color numbers (you know, the ones that they go by to actually mix the paint, typed on the sample) that'd be even cooler. Nearest Lowe's is over 100 miles away and gas is expensive. I get an employee discount at Wal-Mart, though, and they've done a good job at matching paint so far. Plus, its a lot less to spend on gas.

13. marknrox

marknrox Active Member

Sure thing Brian, I'll see if I can get those for you. I'm very happy with the colors!

14. marknrox

marknrox Active Member

Hey Brian sorry for the delay, it's been pretty busy since the hurricane.

The colors are from Lowes American Traditions:

Ceiling: Hematite 4006-2C

Walls: Drizzling Mist 4006-1C

Good Luck!!

Mark

15. jonyoung

jonyoung Well-Known Member

Go towards the light.............build the bass traps (hint: been there, done that, worth it).

16. marknrox

marknrox Active Member

Where do I put them?

17. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

Corners, mang. I see some blank ones on the wall behind the drums that would fit some nicely. Every corner would be ideal.

18. jonyoung

jonyoung Well-Known Member

Also the wall behind you, and ceiling above mixing position. Standing waves don't discriminate between horizontal or vertical surfaces.

19. No prob on the delay man, I'm not in that big of a hurry. I understand the problem with the hurricane. Tornadoes are the thing here.

20. SeniorFedup

SeniorFedup Guest

hey how much did you invest in your design you have there
    ??