1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

new to recording....couple of questions

Discussion in 'Recording' started by spadespackle, May 24, 2004.

1. spadespackle

spadespackle Guest

I'm new too recording and just want to mess around with it for awhile, I have acid pro 4.0 and have been using that to just record some guitar and a mic. I was wondering a couple of things if anyone could help me out I 'd appreciate it.

1: How do i record vocal at a more equal level, there seem to be loud and soft areas depending on maybe small differences in the distance i am from the mic or maybe just the volume of my voice.

2: Are there anyworthwile drum beat programs to try and put over a guitar lick?

3: Do people create recording projects over the net? Like combining different instrument that people play and condensing the files to one or something if you know what I mean.

Thanks for any help. Bryan

2. Ellegaard

Ellegaard Active Member

1: What you need is probably some sort of compressor to keep the signal below peaking, yet not allowing it to fall too short.

2: I would probably get into the world of virtual instruments - although I don't know if the VST is supported by Acid (is it?). Propellerheads has made a standalone drum synth called ReBirth, check it out at http://www.propellerheads.se.

3: Yes! I've never tried it myself, but it's definitely an interesting idea.

3. ShellTones

ShellTones Guest

1: How do i record vocal at a more equal level, there seem to be loud and soft areas depending on maybe small differences in the distance i am from the mic or maybe just the volume of my voice.

You need a microphone preamp.

2: Are there anyworthwile drum beat programs to try and put over a guitar lick?

ACID is a beat program. You can buy drum loops and all kinds of other loops.

3: Do people create recording projects over the net? Like combining different instrument that people play and condensing the files to one or something if you know what I mean.

Yes, all the time.