1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

New to recording org?

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by audiokid, Dec 13, 2004.

1. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff Resource Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Prince George, BC
    Home Page:
    Recording.org is a peer-driven platform for all recording enthusiast, offering inspiration, education and support. We provide the resources needed to run a successful studio by sharing relevant information on how to improve upon your current operating systems. Whether you are home recording or running a large commercial studio, there is always information to be shared and learned.

Welcome to Recording.org

Please tell us where you are coming from and how you found Recording Org?

Cheers! (y)
  2. DKeenum

DKeenum Active Member

Oct 16, 2004
    I found it thru a google search for a fee vst effect, and the funny part is that now I can't even remember what the vst was!
    Sean G likes this.
  3. redrabbit

redrabbit Active Member

Apr 24, 2004
    When Google-ing a specific piece of gear (8 months ago).

I have even found my own Rec.org post at the top of a Google search, #1 on a list of hundreds.

Rec.org = Google magnet?

PS......maybe Christmas shoppers?
  4. kendo

kendo Guest

Me too.

I also found you through a gear search. I was shocked to find such a comprehensive site. Thanks to all who made this possible. :cool: I was struggling with my new equiptment but I now feel like I have an ace up my sleeve.
  5. DaveRunyan

DaveRunyan Active Member

Dec 13, 2004
    I found it through a google search quite a few months ago.
  6. bossa

bossa Active Member

Dec 27, 2004
    I found it through a pro tools search. The first page that came up was "Things I hate about pro tools"! But hey, I bought one anyway :lol:
    Now to figure out what to put in the PC I'm gonna build....

Sean G likes this.
  7. sneaky

sneaky Active Member

Dec 31, 2004
    I was looking for help building a music pc ... ro is a great resource
  8. RockSkar

RockSkar Active Member

Dec 31, 2004
    i was posting over at homerecording.com but it has been down for a few days now so i searched google for "recording forum"
  9. John Stafford

John Stafford Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2004
    I was browsing the Internet about so many gear-related things I can't remember which one lead me here. I was probably researching the RNP or TLM-103 at the time. On the other hand, it could have been RME Multiface, Apogee Mini-Me, AT4033, AT4050, Blue Baby Bottle, Blue Kiwi, Telefunken 676, M-Audio Tampa, RME pres, Neumann KM184, U87, M147, some of the Neves, AKG Blue Line, C414, AKG Project Studio line, Rode NT5s, Focusri.... Ah, that's the one! I wanted to find out if the cheap Focusrites were too good to be true!

Since then I've just about bankrupted myself! Ah well... My AT4060 should be arriving tomorrow, to join the Apogee Mini-Me I bought last month, and the AT4047 the month before that. Oh dear, I think I'd better start looking up knitting websites, but then again, cashmere can be quite expensive. Isn't there a good website dedicated to something cheap out there?

Thanks RO for all of the expertise that you've put at my disposal over the last few months!

John Stafford
  10. thane1200

thane1200 Guest

New here

Hello all.

I'm new to the site. I'm from Madison Wisconsin. Stumbled upon this site while looking up DIY studio forums. Looking forward to meeting you all.

11. Found it while looking up reviews on the Studio Projects C1, which I just got

My real name is Chris and I'm from Albuquerque
  12. echohaus

echohaus Guest

I seem to recall cruising through here a few years ago, but never got into the habit of coming back. I got nudged into looking around again the last week, while on another forum. Had some trouble getting registered, but all seems well now (thanks, Rod!).
    I'm getting active again the production and recording, and the forums I've been going to have been less and less helpful, so it's been good to rekindle my awareness of RO, and the focused content. :)
  13. Oats

Oats Guest

google also...
  14. Antho

Antho Guest

Hi audiokid

i guess the invasion of your small community has begun! That;s a MASSIVE increase in traffic! unbelievable.

I found R org via a colleague at my previous place of work , school of audio engineering (SAE for short).

Thanks for the site, it's great.

15. Minker

Minker Guest

It was a google search that brought me here from Harrisburg Pa. I recently began to post, but I've been viewing for months. I've benefited many times from the info. here--so let me take this opportunity to send my sincerest thanks to you for providing us this opportunity. My family and friends would also be grateful if they were aware of the hours of obsessive recording talk that has been diverted from them!!
  16. BigTrey

BigTrey Active Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Grandville, Michigan
    Home Page:
    I've been a member for a few weeks now. I originally found the site doing a search on the web, trying to get info on my set up and what not. I'm out of Grand Rapids, MI starting my own indie label.
  17. shilohlane

shilohlane Guest

more of the same: google search.
    i'm very happy to have found you!
  18. TheArchitect

TheArchitect Active Member

Mar 26, 2005
    There was a mention of it at Studio tips

19. demon

demon Guest

Arite there, am from scotland (Glasgow), was searchin google and typed in sumfin not to sure but it came up with this link and i fought yessss a $*^t load a people who no about music, just the people am lookin for.

so here's ma question to any1 who can help,

i am jus new to making my own music, used e-jay (silli programe) to make a beat liked it and frew away the programe i ave now aqquired a "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy" sound card in order to start trying to make my own beats from scratch.
    i have created the drum loop and i am now stuck lol, basically wot it is is, i dont no a programe to use so that i can attach my keyboard(piano) to record the piece i am playing so i can complete the beat.

can any1 help

the (above) link is ma groups music if use feel like u wanna hear some scottish hip hop,
    c ya
  20. brother

brother Guest

someone from talkbass was looking for a kinder and gentler recording site than the one they had been on (recording site.) a few people recomended this site and here i am! this has been a great site for getting info. and so far very friendly. if yor a bass player, talkbass is a very good site for bass players also.