1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

New to the forum, have a question...

Discussion in 'Recording' started by catfishsalsa, Dec 15, 2006.

1. catfishsalsa

catfishsalsa Guest

My wife sings. Alot. For Christmas i'd like to buy her a unit that will allow her to record herself on a CD in clear pro-audio. Something nice.

She sings solo every Sunday in front of about 4,000 people and she likes to practice at home. Recording herself would be great for her practice.

I have no idea whats out there nor am I familiar w/ the differnt platforms that are out there. Ex: better to do this through the computer and software. A seperate unit outside of the computer....I have no clue.

Obvious i'm not looking for production quality, but something clean and crisp would be nice.

Any suggestions? :wink:
  2. Scoobie

Scoobie Active Member

Sep 6, 2006
    You really need to tell people what your budget is.
    That would be helpful to someone to give you idea's.

Cost is a big factor.........What's not expensive to one , will be very expensive to another.

3. catfishsalsa

catfishsalsa Guest

What kind of ranges are we talking about?

Obvioulsy price is a concern, but it's not the most important factor.
  4. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    Companies like DBX, Symetrix and others make a stand alone vocal processor, for under $300 US. It includes the microphone preamp, high pass filter, de-esser, compressor, limiter, equalizer, phantom power. Just plug it into a standalone CD recorder (approximately $200 to $600) and she will give you a much better time in bed.

One of Santa's helpers
    Ms. Remy Ann David
  5. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

May 11, 2006
    sounds like your not much of a computer guy and assuming she's similarly inclined.... yeah i'm with remy on this one... go for ease of use... she's not goona use the thing if she cant wrap her head around it... nice gift dude...