1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

new to these forums, a few questions

Discussion in 'Recording' started by athalon012, Jan 5, 2006.

1. athalon012

athalon012 Guest

hi, i just have a few questions on a beginning setup to start my recording. i have recorded things in the past, but i used hardware/software that was definitely not up to par. i am willing to spend some money to get a decent setup to record with, but i want to make sure i have plenty of opinions from people that are experienced in the field.

so far, i own the following instruments/hardware/software:

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe
    Martin DCX1E Acoustic-Electric
    M-Audio Keystation 88es USB Midi Controller
    ESP KH-202

ProCo Vintage Rat guitar pedal
    Boss Digital Delay 3 guitar pedal
    Shure SM57 mic

CoolEditPro 2.0
    Fruity Loops 4.1
    currently no good MIDI controller software

i think that's about it. i have about $300 USD to spend, but that could go higher if it's not worth it to buy something unless i buy it at a higher price. my main problem is that i always have a little big of background noise even though my microphone seems to be pretty good. i think it might be my sound card, so i'm looking to buy a card that is designed for music recording. that would also come in handy considering that right now i can only record one thing at a time and i have to plug it into my smaller microphone slot on my soundcard using a converter from an instrument cable to a smaller speaker cable. i might also need some software to get the best results out of my midi keyboard.

i guess what i'm asking is what else should i buy to help me make music with ease?

sorry this post is so long, but i could use some help. i plan on spending my life making music because it is my passion, and getting the correct equipment with which to record would start me on my way.

thanks in advance.[/b]
  2. yxf933

yxf933 Guest

First: I think you need a professional sound interface,forexample M-audio AP192,low nois ,high dynamic and soft frequency response!
    Softeware :you can chose sonar or cubase ,they are professional software of music studio ,the MIDI and Audio are powerful !
  3. athalon012

athalon012 Guest

thank you for your input, and that does look like a good buy, but i want to be positive that it is what i want to buy, so would anyone else recommend the m-audio audiophile 192 pci interface? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/703610/