1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

New World Class Recording Studio

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by newmadridrecording, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Malcolm Springer has just opened his New Madrid County Recording Company to the public. Better prices than anyone you can find anywhere. Especially for the quality. You can find us on Facebook and Myspace. Or feel free to contact us by phone at (573) 391-0037.

2. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

3. MadMax

MadMax Well-Known Member

Spam-n-Eggs?

Spam-n-Ham?

Spam-n-Eggs-n-SPAM!

4. BobRogers

BobRogers Well-Known Member

But I don't like Spam! I don't want any Spam.

5. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

I love his site. He shows pictures of many other folks studios except his. For his he shows an empty room with a Fender Rhodes. I guess he also has a microphone? You think? Maybe it's such a small town in Missouri that he is the town? A legend on his own farm. Raising notes from dirt.

My 86-year-old mother is getting senile as she is starting to eat spam.
    Mx. Remy Ann David

6. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

What exactly is it that makes this a "World Class" studio?

I see basically what RemyRAD sees a room and a Fender Rhodes.

Did I miss the 24 foot long SSL or NEVE console. the microphone closet full of vintage microphones, the 40 by 80 foot main studio????

So again I ask what makes this a "World Class" studio?

To the OP if you are going to post things on a forum at least try and make them somewhat believable.

7. JoeH

JoeH Well-Known Member

I'm so happy it's now "Open to the Public".

Aren't you glad when places announce this?

Gee whiz, it's so tough finding studios that are "open to the public", ya know?

So HARD to find such things these days. :twisted:

8. BobRogers

It's interesting. My assumption was that no one really good would use the term "world class." But it seems that the recording world really loves that particular meaningless cliche. If you Google "world class recording studio" you see a lot of studios use the term in their promotional material - including many for whom the term is not a joke. I guess musicians are easy to fool. But I suppose I knew that already.

9. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

"World class", "better prices", and "for the quality" all sound deceptive and are basically excuses for the shortcomings this facility offers.
    Like a Rhodes in an empty room!

10. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

Gives it space for the sound to fill up, producing a fuller sounding result.

11. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

I see, Mr Monkey. And I suppose that the "tines" inside the Fender Rhodes will act as their "world class" reverb? Hmmmm, I like your thinkin' there, Codemeister...

12. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

I'd like my Spam without quite as much rat in it......

Ohhh, its virtually rat free....

Well dear how much rat is in it?

Well, three, quite a lot really............

13. BobRogers

or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

14. MadMax

MadMax Well-Known Member

Stop it!!!

You guys are making me hungry...

hmmmmmm.....

Maybe a fried peanut butter and SPAM sandwich is in order here.....

15. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

What took me back was the use of 3rd person in the post and on his MySpace page. I'd never heard of Malcolm Springer but, if it's the one that shows up on Google searches, he's got a lot to his credit.

It's a shame he's resorting to spamming the site. (Or at least a shill.)

Let's hope he peeps back in to discuss.

J.