1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Newbie recording question(maudio omnistudio usb ,mic conga)

Discussion in 'Recording' started by ggomez, Aug 30, 2004.

1. ggomez

ggomez Guest

mother of all creatures, I received my m-audio omnistudio usb today. Allot of buttons, inputs/outputs it makes me cross-eyed.
    Check it out, I got demo software of Vegas, Reason & Live Delta.
    The one that seems pretty user friendly is Vegas, I actually found out how to record using the omnistudio. I hooked it up baby!!.

I have one question, why does my conga only sound on one ear and not stereo (hold on I need to get high-tech MONO not STEREO)

I am using a CAD TSM411 percussion mic & some $50 dollar AKG HP40 headphones.

When the computer makes a ding I can hear it on both ears, but when I playback the 30 sec conga recording it only plays on one ear. (Jeeesus I feel like DUMBO, ha ha big ears)

I basically put all the volume buttons in the middle not too high and not low. I can hear my conga on one ear, but it's not loud.
    The dings that the computer makes sound much louder and it sounds on both ears. I did not press the pad or the phantom power button.

The M-Audio driver config is set to:
    4in,4out,16bit 48/44.1/22.05/11.025khs

Check out this side by side comparison @ kellys
    take a peek and give me your advice.

2. ggomez

ggomez Guest

Is there any books or video's that show you a introduction to audio recording. At the moment I want to be able to record my conga drums & add some instruments on the background like maracas, cowbells, timbales.
    Since I'm a computer geek I thought this was going to be easy, but it seems like brain surgery.
    Your advice will be appreciated
  3. ggomez

ggomez Guest

Thanks for your assistance,
    maybe I asked too many questions at once.