1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Newbie with doubts

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Lunchbox, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Guest

Im totally new at this recording thing. But by reading and watching Im trying to build a studio. I dont know that much but I would be thankful if you told me what are the basics things for me to start. I know this is a stupid question but I was investigating and I found this web page with thousands of people that know a lot about the theme and I want to be illustrated ( I know basics so be free to talk with whatever words you need ) THANK YOU SO MUCH :c:

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

The first thing is to consider your acoustics.

3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Guest

And talking about hardware ? ( I already consider the acoustics of the room )

4. Gidge

Gidge Guest

it depends on the instruments you will be recording and the quality results you are looking for (demo quality, pro quality)....is this just a project studio or do you wanna go pro....

5. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Guest

It just a project studio but with plans to go big ( in my posibilities ) what is the basic hardware that I need in order to start with a decent equipment in order to get good results.

6. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Microphones and accessories, a monitor system, a multitrack recording system of some type, computer based DAW, analog or a stand alone recorder. Mic pres, compressors, eq's for front end. Stand alone 2 track CD recorder.