1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

No MIDI monitoring in Cubase VST 4.

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by marksmidi, May 15, 2005.

1. marksmidi

marksmidi Guest

First post here and I could really use some help.

I've a Windows XP Pro machine with a Creative Soundblaster Extigy external soundcard and I'm running Cubasis VST 4.

I can't seem to monitor any MIDI performances when I'm playing the keys or recording MIDI. I don't yet have an external sound module, just trying to get some MIDI instruments out of the Extigy, so MIDI Thru shouldn't have anything to do with this, as I don't need any MIDI out from the Extigy. The MIDI receive flashes in the control window when I play. When I record, I hear silence until I play the perormance back, where the Extigy plays back everything I've recorded.

I've ran the diagnostic tool on the Extigy, everything seems fine with that and I can hear it. It is also enabled in the MME setup. I've enabled monitoring (Options>Audio Setup>Enable Monitor) in Cubasis and still absolutely nothing. I can't seem to find anywhere in any settings where this is curable, and I've tried and quit setting up a home studio four times because of this problem, and I've always ended up banging my head against the wall so I hope someone here can lend a hand!

Here's hoping...!

Cheers!