1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

No ProToolsers here?

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by PTPerson, Feb 25, 2001.

1. PTPerson

PTPerson Guest

Visiting the forum but no action in here.........

Any Protoolsers here?

Any played with any of the new digi goodies yet?....EditPack and control24?
  2. Hi PTPerson,

<< Any Protoolsers here? >>

<< Any played with any of the new digi goodies yet?....EditPack and control24? >>

Not sure about the C24, but AFAIK the EditPack has not yet been officially released. I'm seriously considering the EditPack as most of my work is in surround.

3. PTPerson

PTPerson Guest

Yeah, I got the propoganda today about the editpack......it does look fab, I love my ProControl.

Still not sure about the price......we have a big 5.1 investment coming up with monitors and DSP so we'll wait and see.

4. De Marco

De Marco Guest

Surround mixing for music programs and film features, including SFX.
    My frontline is downhere, in Brazil and i've also working on DVD projects.
    De Marco
  5. felicia

felicia Guest

Hi there! Another PTer here. We're based in the northeast and do mostly radio spots and our own stuff. G4 500, three 888s and lots of strange sounding old instruments.
  6. luke harper

luke harper Guest

Sho'nuff! The Digi site is cool, informative, helpful etc., but the internationalism is more apparent in here, which is mad phat. I must say that I find it fascinating to ponder the projects that must come through in Sydney or Singapore, and how they would compare to the average session as experienced here in MN, USA.
    the Control|24, by the by, seems like a great idea, except for the teeny little problem that it is not expandable. You can't get another one and sync 'em. What is that? Stuck with 24, with HOW many channels averaged in PT?
    As for the edit pack, am I the only one who finds this to be a little pricey?
  7. Hi Luke,

Remember the C24 only has 24 faders, not 24 channels. If you have say a 32 channel mix to see channels 17-32 there is a bank switch (or something similar). No matter how many channels you are running you can just bank switch and bring them up on the C24's faders.

If you really need to have 32 or more physical faders you are correct that the C24 isn't expandable, that's what the ProControl is for.

I don't think you'll find anyone, except a digi employee, that will disagree with your statement about the price of the Edit Pack.

8. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2000
    With a modicum of prodding, even most employees of digi would have to agree with that one.
  9. nrgmusic

nrgmusic Guest

Hi y'all
    yet another PT user saying hellooo from the UK. Glad to have found this albeit somewhat late :eek:

Simon :D
  10. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    yarzzzz helloooooooo

Jooolz in da house!

hot PT stuff:

McDSP Analog Channel stuff - tried it at the AES in Amsterdam - it totaly rocks! :)

5.1.1 looks to be amazing! SO MANY improvements! Thank you Digi!

Soft SampleCell - $*^t I havent even fired up the s/h one I bought a year ago, oh well!

11. CWHumphrey

CWHumphrey Guest

Greetings from the City of Lost Angels! Just found the site and things look interesting.

Carter William Humphrey

Hello! We are studio from Espoo, Finland.
    Using PT mix+, 2 farms. Just found this site.
  13. dimlight

dimlight Guest

Any played with any of the new digi goodies yet?....EditPack and control24?

Yup, edit pack is kind'a too big (meaning too many buttons). The surround panners are great, but there are a couple of buttons I would never use, and also the fact that you have to dial the track you want to use/edit, instead of directly selecting it in pro control, kind'a sucks, but maybe that's just me :roll:

As for Protools, it's my second love!

14. DSL

DSL Guest

I best chime in.

I love my Pro Tools

Digital Sound Lab :)
  15. Hello from Biarritz in SO of Europe.
    We use two Protools stations for music recording and post . it' s the best !!
    We plan to buy a C24 now, what do you think about this desk ?

16. Hi Agur,

I've only played around with the C24 for 10 minutes or so at the Digi headquarters in the UK. But from what I saw it's a lot of bang for the buck. The Focusrite mic pres in the C24 are good but aren't their top of the range ones like in the Red One, however they do seem to be a little better than their much cheaper Platinum pres.

I bought a ProControl (+ fader pack) a few years ago and have been extremely happy with it. Had the C24 existed at that time I think I would probably have brought that instead and spent the money I saved on some more high quality outboard gear.

I tried to get into the American version of your web site but couldn't manage it. I take it from your address that you are based near Lago Laguna. If so I've been there a couple of times and I'm deeply envious. It's got to be one of the most beautiful areas of Europe.

17. Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply
    My name is Xabi, " Agur" means "hello" or "bye" in Basque language !
    I' m living in Biarritz, in south ouest of France near of the Spanish frontier, where is this Lago Laguna ? In France ?

How much cost a C24 in UK ?.

Agur !
  18. f7sound

f7sound Guest

Hi All,

I'm a Pro Tools user since the early days! Got a 24 Mix system with Apogee converters. I'm doing mastering, CD production, sound design and some "mix to pix". Love the system.

Michael Oster
    F7 Sound and Vision
  19. Hi Xabi,

Sorry about the name but thanks for the lesson in Basque.

Lago Laguna is in the heart of the Alps, on the border between Italy, Switzerland and I think France has a bit of it too.