1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

NT-4 stereo mic??

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by rorysound, Sep 2, 2004.

1. rorysound

rorysound Active Member

Jul 12, 2004
    Hello again! Same question again!
    Anyone used one of these NT-4's yet? or am i to assume from the lack of response that no one has and therefore there will not be a response? Moderator?? :wink:
    Ciao and thanks...
  2. rorysound

rorysound Active Member

Jul 12, 2004
    Pilot Error! Pilot Error!!

Sorry ya'll i was away and neglected to check for any past responses! :oops:
    Since i'm here again sooo soon.... 1) are the akg 414's as good as everyone reckons for recording? (i've used 'em live but thats a different kettle of ball game!!)

2) any recommendations for a good pair of OH's that won't cost the earth ( or ones that do and a cheap source?)

Cheers me dears :wink:
  3. rvdsm

rvdsm Guest

The NT-4 is a good mic and Rode are an excellent company. I've used the NT-4 for nearly 2 years now and have been happy with it the entire time. The mic unfortunately went on the disabled list about a month ago. I contacted Rode and took the mic back to be repaired. Instead of repairing the mic they gave me a new one, but the new mic was a noisy. I thought maybe Rode wasn't the company I once thought they were.

After speaking with them on the phone they were kind enough to send me another new NT-4, EVEN BEFORE I SENT THE OLD ONE BACK! That to me is just good business no matter how you look at it. They turned my bad situation into a good one and renewed my faith in their company.

I plan to buy a K2 in the coming months because I've heard pretty good things about it and with a strong and supportive company like that backing them I know they will go far.

On a side note; I had an AKG mic go on the fritz and found AKG to be far less cooperative. AKG, from what I've heard through the grapevine, have a bad little complex of switching out parts on vintage mics with newer parts when shipped back for servicing. Sorry, but I don't want my vintage C12 turned into a C12VR without my knowledge.
  4. pmolsonmus

pmolsonmus Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2003
    I'm not going to doubt the above service experience w/ Rode - it is a great company and they make quality equipment at a fair price. I own the matched pair NT 5s and they get used regularly.

That said, the 414s are an industry standard for a reason. They are rugged, sound great, hold their value, versatile and rarely need service. I own a pair of them as well and they are used on almost every project in some capacity.

R.O. Vocal Booth Moderator