1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Nuendo2 / Cubase SX3 project run from 2 hard drives

Discussion in 'Nuendo' started by 3dchris, Sep 25, 2005.

1. 3dchris

3dchris Active Member

Hi, I'm working on a project that is over 70 tracks of 44khz/24 bit audio waves. In the past I was using logic audio and it was easy to split the files and put them on 2 separate hard drives. This way the drives run smooth and I never had a single problem with even 100 tracks of audio running simultaneously. I have a 120gb SATA internal drive and a LaCie 120gb FireWire drive. I woul like to have lets say 35 tracks on SATA and 35 tracks on FireWire to be read by nuendo/cubase sx3 (I have both programs so please explain which I should use). Is it at all possible with nuendo 2 or cubase sx 3? I hope my question is clear enough. If not, please ask.

tnx in advance !

chris

2. 3dchris

3dchris Active Member

no replies but I still didn't loose hope :)

3. 3dchris

3dchris Active Member

I guess nobody knows the answer... :cry:

4. David French

David French Well-Known Member

I believe this is possible, but i've never had the need to try it. Check the manual. You should have plenty of thoughput for that number of tracks from the SATA alone; that's only asking for about 9 MB/sec.

5. TheArchitect

TheArchitect Active Member

I'm not sure there is a way myself. You define a project file location at the start of a project. I don't know of anyway to split things up.