1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Octopre or something else?

Discussion in 'Preamps / Channel Strips' started by jakep, Apr 28, 2005.

1. jakep

jakep Guest

Hi
    I am trying to make a decision on a preamp and I am thinking of buying an Focusrite Octopre. I am currently using a behringer ub1622 board for my pres. How much and what kind of differnce will I notice by moving up to that octopre? Or if there is something better in that price range?
    Thanks Jake :)

2. JBsound

JBsound Guest

I haven't used the Octopre, but I have used the Digimax LT and I've been very please with it.

For the price, you are getting some great preamps and great A/D conversion. I record drums with the onboard pres a lot, and they really hold their own against my high-end stuff.

You will find that there is a HUGE difference in the sound quality of the digimax compared to that of the Behringer...I guarantee it!

3. Midlandmorgan

Midlandmorgan Active Member

I've had an Octopre since shortly after they came out...and its been a rock solid decent or better sounding pre for most applications...sometimes it takes a lot of tweaking/mic selections, but I almost always get what I'm looking for...

This is one piece of gear I really don't regret buying...and even though we've picked up some high end stuff lately, the Octopre still seems to find itself on 3-8 tracks of any given project...

4. dabhoys

dabhoys Guest

I've had my Octo Pre LE since they we're realeased and I've been extremely happy with it.

I know its not the best pre amps money can buy but there do the job fine. I use them mostly for drums or live recording. Its never let me down.

5. jakep

jakep Guest

Hey thanks alot guys. It seems like there is nothing but good feedback for the octopre.
    Thanks again Jake :cool: