1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Off Topic (WinXP)

Discussion in 'Recording' started by rafafredd, Mar 10, 2004.

1. rafafredd

rafafredd Member

I didn´t know where to ask, so, as I always ask my questions here...

My computer is tottally F#$%$%¨up. Maybe because of a worm or something like this.

I want to format my HD and start all over, but I would like to save my email messages.

In winXP, where is the file with all the email messages (outlook express). Anyone knows the folder location?

I know that I can configure the folder, and I could just check my configuration at Outlook Express, but the fact is that it doesn´t run anymore. It just crashes, like 90% of my installed programs.

I tried many virus scaners and none found any virus on my machine. Strange, no?

Thanks a lot!

2. Go to outlook express and click on tools-maintainance-store folder. That'll tell you where it is.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guests

get express assist ( you can find it in search engines)

it makes life easy as it can do a full backup of outlook and outlook express... including addresses etc...

They have a trial period on it for 15 days after that I think its $30

in either case it totaly rocks I used it to migrate my email from my desktop to the laptop. I also made a backup image that I burned to CD that way I'll never have to worry about losing that precious email :)

4. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

Here's the default mail file location. Its hidden, so you'll have to enable viewing hidden files in Folder Options.

c:Documents And Settings(username)Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookOutlook.pst

Go there, make a backup, and transfer it to the same location on the new installation. Should work.

mitz

5. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

I'm cool with this question in Tech Talk but Mark was keen to have it over in here, the DAW/Computing area.
    I hope this works. :)

6. rafafredd

rafafredd Member

got it.

It was not at the same folder pointed but I got my 300MB of emails and did a back up...

Thanks!

7. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

8. ok lets go back to tape, and a mixing desk