1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Oh Fredman, You Shouldn't Have!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Guitarfreak, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Guitarfreak

Guitarfreak Well-Known Member

I did some experimenting with the Fredman Technique today and I got this result... and now I want feedback! :D Good/bad/needs more cowbell, whatever you have to say, I want to hear it.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8669479

2. Genereaux

Genereaux Active Member

Well, I'm typically out of the loop, so I don't know what the Fredman Technique is, but as far as the clip;
    I am not THAT kind of guitarist, but it sounds like that may be a great tone for those who are. It sounds very 'solid-state'- but not in a bad, Tom Schloz' Rockman way.

sean

3. Guitarfreak

Guitarfreak Well-Known Member

Thanks. 1/3 ain't bad I guess. Yeah the amp is solid state but... hey, that's not bad for a solid state amp I'd say :D It's damn near passable in my book. The next time I fart with this technique I think I am going to move both mics an inch or two off center from where they are. The tone is thick and all, but I'd like to hear a little more grain in there. Kind of like the Clayman guitar sound, which is the signature sound for this miking technique. I am preaching to the deaf here I know, a lot of the guys on this forum don't care for metal. I had $20 bucks that someone would ask what the Fredman technique was... and I won :D