1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Old Vinil Effect

Discussion in 'Recording' started by lorenzo gerace, Nov 20, 2003.

1. lorenzo gerace

lorenzo gerace Active Member

Hi

What plug-in (RTAS or VST or DX) would you use to simulate an old vinil record (with noise, clicks and limited frequency response)? A client asked me to do it for some kind of joke "ghost" track to go at the end of the record.

Thanx

L.G.

2. Omega21

Omega21 Guest

iZotope Vinyl maybe? It's a DX plug..

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/vinyl/

Todd

3. Orgy

Orgy Guest

Think that Granulizer could make a good job for you. This plugin is part of Nuendo or SX.

4. Pez

Pez Active Member

What Orgy said except wasn't it called Grungulizer or something like that? It'll make it sound like an old 78.

5. RL Wall

RL Wall Guest

Steinberg Grungelizer

VST for sure -- maybe other formats too?

Gives it a wax 78 and thin, reedy Rudy Vallee sound -- like a megaphone Victrola.

:cool: RW :roll:

6. drbam

drbam Guest

Izotope's Vinyl is really nice, it just had an update and its FREE!

drbam

7. Pez

Pez Active Member

You can also record the scratches from an old 78. Just record the part you hear before the music starts to play, add it to your mix, and loop it. EQ to taste.

8. Orgy

Orgy Guest

LOL...maybe I should go back to school to learn reading better :) ))

9. Paladyne

Paladyne Guest

for protools RTAS: lofi and raygun

10. Paladyne

Paladyne Guest

you could also try running your audio thru something with a limited frequency response, like an amplifer, to degrade the sound heavily.(plugs like amplitube, ampfarm and sansamp)

11. David French

David French Well-Known Member

I use this one. It does well, so long as you aren't going for perfect realism, not that a lot of people know what vinyl sounds like anymore.