1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

OMF question MAC to PC?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by RAIN0707, Sep 29, 2004.

1. RAIN0707

RAIN0707 Guest

I am working in a new studio and I am still getting familiar with all the surroundings. I have not recorded a project yet but my first project will be in November. I only track at the studio. I do mixing at home and I send stuff to be mastered elsewhere. Here is a problem I want to figure out before I get the artist in the door and I find myself scratching my head. The studio has nuendo, pro tools, and Cubase SX 2.0 on Mac - I work at home in Sonar 3.1 PE on PC...can you export/import OMF cross platform from Mac to PC or no? Does anybody know this? I would like to go from Cubase on mac to Sonar on pc without having to export .wavs Thanks.
  2. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Woodbridge, Va
    Home Page:
    Here's some previous post on this subject:
  3. RAIN0707

RAIN0707 Guest

that reall doesnt answer the question but thanks anyway
  4. nickh_UK

nickh_UK Guest

Hi Rain,

Should be no problems transferring OMF from Mac to PC.

Either burn a cd/dvd/format drive on the mac that is pc compatible, or use macopener or macdrive on the destination PC.

5. RAIN0707

RAIN0707 Guest

call me dumb but how do i go about doing that (ive never had to do anything like this before and this is my first experience with OMF) THanks.