1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Omni Studio or Echo Gina 3G

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by SickNick, Dec 13, 2004.

1. SickNick

SickNick Guest

im thinking of buying one of those cards, their both at the same price, i also wanted to know if the Omni Studio by M Audio is supporting AMD cause ima switch to that soon. Another choice i mite have is getting EMU 1212M and getting a mic pre amp with 48V phantom power, but thats gonna be hard to find at a good price, i think its better if i stick with the first two, suggest me to what i should do please.

2. SickNick

SickNick Guest

suggestions n e 1?? im thinkin bout buying tonite cause i wanna record some tracks by around fri, maybe sat

3. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Both are good cards, but my vote is for the M-Audio. The Omni I/O is more small format mixer than breakout box. It just looks a bit more flexible to me.

4. SickNick

SickNick Guest

yea i was gonna buy the omnistudio originally for 200, it went offsale now i get it for 300, i think im with the omnistudio, but does n e 1 know if its compatible with amd, i have pentium but will be updating. keep comin at me with those opinions

5. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Yes, it will work with AMD processors.