1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

OMS Names Libraries - New Additions

Discussion in 'Recording' started by doc22, Feb 13, 2001.

1. doc22

doc22 Guest

Thanks to the hard work by Phil, we now have four more libraries. Two for Behringer, one for E-mu, and one for Roland. Take a look at: http://www.visionsj.com/oms/names.html

2. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff Resource Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Prince George, BC
    Home Page:
    Nice job you guys! :cool:
  3. doc22

doc22 Guest

Thanks audiokid,

Thanks to Phil again we now have the library for the Roland MC-505 at http://www.visionsj.com/oms/names.html

4. doc22

doc22 Guest

Victor from Brazil has just given me 5 new OMS Names Libraries:

Roland JV-1010
    Roland MOC-1
    Roland SK-88
    Kurzweil MicroPiano
    Kork TR Rack (Trinity)

Posted at http://www.visionsj.com/oms/names.html

5. doc22

doc22 Guest

We have just added:

E-mu Virtuoso 2000 (thanks to Phil)
    Roland XV-5080 (thanks to Victor)

Proteus 2000 soon to come!!

6. doc22

doc22 Guest

Just added XV-5080 Drum & Bass, Drum, and Concert Expansion Boards. Also the Yamaha S-80. Thanks to John Caldwell.

7. Nate Tschetter

Nate Tschetter Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Although I no longer use OMS, this is a tremendous benefit to people who do. Typing in patch lists is a PITA.

Thanks for the links and please keep posting updated libraries.
  8. doc22

doc22 Guest

Thanks. Yes it is a PITA. It's also one of the "BENEFITS" of working in ProTools since it's tied to OMS.

I have a few more libraries on their way and will post them ASAP.

Dave "doc22" Nye
  9. Nate Tschetter

Nate Tschetter Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Hey, I just had an idea...can these lists be copied and pasted into the OMS patch definitions? If so, I can probably patch lists in Excel format from Emu and Yamaha.

On that note, Emu posts their manuals on their website in .pdf format...perhaps you can C&P from them. Everything up to the Virtuoso was up there last time I checked.
  10. doc22

doc22 Guest

Thanks Nate,

I wish it worked that easy. There's not really a C & P function except within the application from patch to patch. I can't tell you how many ways I've tried to import data. I did get an idea from a forum user to shortcut the process. I downloaded FreeMIDI. Inside the Default Names folder there is quite an extensive list of Instruments. Within each Company I noticed that the controller numbers and patch names are sometimes very close or the same. For instance, today I finished the library for the Alesis QS6. By copying the OMS QS7, I only had to change about 40% of the names. Still a lot of typing. but easier than starting from scratch.

Thanks again for the help and support.

Dave Nye - doc22
  11. doc22

doc22 Guest

Hey all,

I just put up a second page called Hints and Help. Hopefully it will address many of the questions I've been answering by email.

Thanks for all the support and kind words I've received

12. doc22

doc22 Guest

Roland XP-50 and JV-2080 just added thanks to "ppine"