1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

On a somber note

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Opus2000, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    I feel like I just need to vent so bear with me.

Friday August 12th my 37 year old sister passed away from her battle with cancer.

I will sorely miss her as she was my go to before I even spoke to my parents about anything. She was my sister yet my friend and someone so very special to me.

I feel that no one should ever have to see a sibling suffer the way she had through the years of fighting the disease.

In memory of her I dedicate my life now to being as happy and healthy as I can be and hope to pass on the joy of life to my new baby boy as well.

Sorry to be so sad but this is a place I feel I can do so!

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Mother following 3 year battle with cancer. She was 49 years old when she passed away. I know no words or gestures can ease the hurt you are feeling but please know it does get better with time.

Treena's and my thoughts are with you and your family at this time of your sorrow.
  3. daveMusic

daveMusic Guest

My sympathies to you as well. My mother just passed away last winter (10 days before Christmas so you can imagine what our family Christmas was like) and to see what Cancer had made of her was sickening. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Just awful to behold.

Really don't know what I'd do in moments like those without some kind of musical outlet.

4. roguescout

roguescout Guest

I always felt like my sister was a big pain in the ass.

Of course, except at times like this when I think what life would be like without her.

Sorry for your loss. Have solace that she has found peace.
  5. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2001
    very sorry to hear of this

I know how this feels ... however my loss did not have the years of fighting a disease.

An aneurism got my sister
    I still miss my big sis
  6. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    I feel for ya man. I just lost my grandmother a few weeks ago. Not the same as a sister, but just as painful.
  7. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Thanks all

Makes me feel better there are others who truly know what I'm going through.

It helps when others get together and express their feelings.

What sucks even more is that she left behind two very beautiful children. An 8 year old boy and an 11 year old girl.

Again, it's nice to see this forum still has that friendly family-esq quality to it. This is why I always return here and no other forums!

Good to be back and posting again!

Cheers all

Opus :D