1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Only getting sound out of one monitor....can someone help?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by bauhaus77, Jan 4, 2005.

1. bauhaus77

bauhaus77 Guest

I purchased a pair of m-audio studiophile BX5 monitors and hooked them up to my m-audio 410 firewire audio interface. The problem is that I'm only getting sound out of one of the monitors. The TRS inputs are running from the monitors to the analog 1 and 2 inputs. Apparently the analog 1 input is doing its job, but no luck with the second. I tried plugging the trs cables into the line inputs, but had no luck with that. Can anyone advise me as to what I have to do to get sound out of both monitors?

2. heyman

heyman Guest

process of elimation. Try pluging the working analog 1 input into the other speaker to see if the actual speaker is busted. If it doesnt work, take the speakers back, if it does, it could be analog 2 wire, could be the firewire interface...
  3. bauhaus77

bauhaus77 Guest

Thank you

Thanks for the reply. I suppose I will just experiment around until I either get it working, or come to the realization that the monitor is broken.

4. drumrob

drumrob Active Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Eugene, Oregon
    <<The TRS inputs are running from the monitors to the analog 1 and 2 inputs.>>

I assume here you meant that you are routing the analog 1 and 2 OUTPUTS to the speakers? Just making sure...

Otherwise, I know the Firewire 410 has a software mixer to control it. Have you checked that mixer control panel to make sure that signal is being routed to both outputs 1 and 2? Also that you don't have them both panned left? Beyond, that I agree that checking one component at a time is the way to narrow down your problem.

Good Luck!