1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

opinions about the rev7, anyone?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Juergen, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Juergen

Juergen Guest

I am moving into a studio that still had one of those lying around. The one or two times I have put my hands on it, I thought it wasn't all too practical, but maybe I was too inexperienced back then (i knew nothing, pretty much).

Is it worth using on anything? Any recommendations on what YOU like to use it for? The stuff I record is varied...some rock, some slow stuff รก la international soft music, some electronic pop...

If you have one, what do you use it for? Does it have any strengths?

2. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    It's an OK Kik drum reverb.
  3. MadMoose

MadMoose Active Member

Apr 22, 2001
    I've had one here for about a year. It's been used on vocals, drums and the occasional synth pad or guitar solo. Not a bad unit but there's better out there.
  4. Starfields76

Starfields76 Guest

The Rev7 is actually a pretty cool unit. We have one here and I doubt we will be getting rid of it any time soon. There's this neat preset in the single digits that is a subharmonic processor with reverb that sounds pretty cool on bass guitar if you're trying to fatten up a thin sounding bass track. That's all I've ever really used on it but I know that some producers come in here and go goo goo over the thing. Play around with it - you might be surprised!

Kevin Bruchert
    Engineer / Producer
    Starfields Productions
  5. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
  6. Juergen

Juergen Guest

Thanks for the input. It seems like I will be able to put it to use then. I am not sure about the kick drum verb though...is it like a cathedral kind of patch or more on the tunnel side of things?