1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

options for replacing my weakest link (mixer)

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Adore, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Adore

Adore Guest

Hello,

my weakest link in my home studio is my behringer mixer which I use only to send the signal from my soundcard to my main monitors (active tannoy reveal)

I'm thinking on replacing the mixer, is there anything like a small mixer or a small device will do this with high quality ?

I don't need a mixer with much channels, just need something that will control the signal to the monitors and still maintain the sound quality

2. johnthemiracle

johnthemiracle Active Member

i don't think that the behringer will degrade the sound quality too noticable as long as you're mixing line levels at unity gain...i'd rather get decent monitors if i were you...

on the other hand if you totally dig the reveals and know them in and out you can always get a routing matrix like the mackie big knob or the device by that other company that doesn't come to my mind now...it's got a remote, too...there are a number of companies out there that produce devices like this, some, or many with an even better quality than the big knob...you might want to google around a little...

3. Adore

Adore Guest

Thanks I'm going to check it out...

I dig the reveals, I like their raw sound :) anyway I'm so used to them now... and they are fine for my home studio :)

4. Kuzan

Kuzan Guest

Sound to me like all you need is a Mackie Big Knob!

5. Boltino

Boltino Guest

Presonus Central Station (blows the big knob away IMO)

Wes

6. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

I like the Central Station too.

But, if you don't need all the routing functions of the Central Station, check out the NHT PVC. It's a hundred bucks and allows the control of volume of a stereo source.

BTW - I also like the Tannoy monitors. For the money, it's hard to imagine much better.

J.

7. Adore

Adore Guest

I have checked the NHT PVC but it seems it does not has an headphones output but it's still a good affordable option

I love my Tannoy Reveal I must say lol :)