1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Opus2000 Asus p4b266: Performance Reports

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Fozz, May 12, 2002.

1. Fozz

Fozz Active Member

I'm curious about how much horsepower one needs. Initially I will be recording
    • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1 to 3 tracks at a time
    • <font size=".+?" face=".+?">will easily get up to 24 tracks so I would like the capacity to have at least 64
    • <font size=".+?" face=".+?">not sure how manyplug-insI will want on each track (due to my inexperience with all of this)
    • <font size=".+?" face=".+?">am considering using external reverbs andplug-ins
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As you folks gain more experience with your new Opus2000 Asus p4b266 systems can you answer the following questions:
    • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">what operating system are you using
    • <font size=".+?" face=".+?">what recording software are you using
    • <font size=".+?" face=".+?">how many tracks do you record and play back at one time
    • <font size=".+?" face=".+?">how many tracks do you mix at one time
    • <font size=".+?" face=".+?">how manyplug-ins on the average, for each track
    • <font size=".+?" face=".+?">do you use external reverbs, etc,
    • <font size=".+?" face=".+?">if you use external reverbs how do you like working with them vsplug-ins
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

what operating system are you using
    WinXP Pro

what recording software are you using
    Nuendo

how many tracks do you record and play back at one time
    Well, with my current setup I can record 10 tracks at once(8 analog and two digital) and play back many more...obviously this is playing back through a stereo out tho..I can play back 80+ tracks

how many tracks do you mix at one time
    Same answer as above..this is a redundant question...also depends on howplug-insyou use..the more you have enabled the less system oomph you will have..

how manyplug-ins on the average, for each track
    do you use external reverbs, etc,
    Again, another redundant question...

if you use external reverbs how do you like working with them vsplug-ins
    I use all internal fx..no need for external boxes....

All this said I would like to say that it also depends on what configuration you set it up with..many people have their own ways of doing it..if you do it in the optimum setting way you could easily get 100+ tracks...this is quite ludicrous unless doing post work..I have seen the ANUS setup with SCSI drives do 100+ tracks with the UAD card..I don't know how many plugins he is using but still...good enough...
    This system will handle your needs..with acopella music I don't think you will get that many tracks..
    Opus