1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

OT: Monster Cable flexes it's legal muscle

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by dnafe, Jan 7, 2005.

1. dnafe

dnafe Active Member

Sorry if this has already made the rounds or is in the wrong forum but it appears that Monster Cable is once again flexing it's muscles against the little guy

Email the company and voice your displeasure....

Irene Baran, Chief Operating Officer
    iebaran@monstercable.com

legal@monstercable.com

story :

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0...2611825,00.html

Don

2. frob

frob Well-Known Member

the link does not work

3. dnafe

dnafe Active Member

sorry try this

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~33~2611825,00.html

and this for a victims account...seems raising a stink does work

http://www.madmartian.com/legal/

Don

4. Randyman...

Randyman... Well-Known Member

Horrible. Well, ANOTHER reason not to buy their products :) . Let their true colors shine.

:cool:

5. JoeH

JoeH Well-Known Member

I agree..... all the more reason NOT to buy their overpriced, over-rated wire.

(Yeah, it's just WIRE....calling it cable is just another euphemism like "Hospitality Agent" instead of "Desk Clerk" or "Sanitation Engineer" instead of "Trashman".)

You get what you pay for......sometimes less, unfortunately.

6. sdevino

sdevino Active Member

Here... Here...

Amazing a company that sells snake oil taking themselves way too seriously.

I never buy anything that says Monster on it.

Complete waiste of money IMO.

Steve

7. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

8. Mad John

Mad John Active Member

Monster is a Satanic company! Any company that takes the word "MONSTER" to such a trade mark extent, is saying a great deal more than what appears on the surface!

My entire studio is Monster and it sounds like $*^t! I am currently trying to get rid of ALL MONSTER CABLES, never to use the blurry expensive, over thickened BS again!

Happy New Year to all!

9. frob

frob Well-Known Member

now im glad i didnt have the money to by it

10. John Stafford

John Stafford Well-Known Member

Erm.....

Try and find Apogee by typing in whatever you imagine their web address should be. Before you come across the right address, you will find several companies called Apogee.

There's something a little odd about these allegations. Isn't it highly unlikely that another company didn't have Monster in some sort of trademark before Monster Cables? Just think about all those B-movies. Why haven't Monster cables been sued?

This sounds a little like those tales about Procter & Gamble being run by Satan because someone could see 666 in the beard on the face that made up their corporate logo. Pretty soon, the story spread around the whole world.

I'm not saying the Monster story isn't true, but perhaps the whole truth is a little more complex. If it is as simple as it has been presented, Monster Cables must be very stupid, as they stand to lose a lot of money in legal fees for all the lawsuits they're going to lose.

John Stafford

PS This reminds me of a story from either Australia or New Zealand from a few years back. A small shop called Harrods was threatened with a lawsuit from the more famous London department store. In retaliation, the town changed its name to Harrods, as did all of the companies that were based there.