Discussion in 'Recording' started by boobchyk, May 22, 2003.
Just wondering have anyone tried this combination yet?
not as of yet. Personally I'm waiting for a couple of reasons.
One, Intel had delayed the shipment of most of the 800Mhz P4's due to a "minor" bug that they are not releasing information about. There is a software patch for it, whether it's BIOS or firmware I'm not quite sure.
Two, the CPU's are not the 1MB L2 cache yet, still 512K! I'd rather wait for the full 1MB cache as that will truly rock this world!
Three, PCI Express is coming out next year which will make these systems look like childs play!That will bring a whole new era to PC's especially along the realms of SATA.
I've done a little research and seen some good news but mostly incompatabilities or other odness with these newer systems.....good to wait a bit to be honest
Thanks for advice, Opus
I have P4PE with SCSI and P41.6 overclocked to 2.3 now. Do you think I have to spend 350 for P4 3.06 or it wouldn't make great difference.
First off be careful on the overclocking on the 1.6...don't abuse it as it may go south on you.
The difference you would see getting a 3.06Ghz CPU would be night and day..truly
I'll be geting 3.06 than.
My 1.6 is running fine since I've got it a year ago. You think I should lower the speed to be on the safe side?
I had 2.4 and upgraded to 3.06....the difference is absolutely huge. Don't even think about it...get it !!
Separate names with a comma.