1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

P4C800 + 3.0 800 FSB

Discussion in 'Recording' started by boobchyk, May 22, 2003.

1. boobchyk

boobchyk Guest

Hi,
    Just wondering have anyone tried this combination yet?

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

not as of yet. Personally I'm waiting for a couple of reasons.

One, Intel had delayed the shipment of most of the 800Mhz P4's due to a "minor" bug that they are not releasing information about. There is a software patch for it, whether it's BIOS or firmware I'm not quite sure.

Two, the CPU's are not the 1MB L2 cache yet, still 512K! I'd rather wait for the full 1MB cache as that will truly rock this world!

Three, PCI Express is coming out next year which will make these systems look like childs play!That will bring a whole new era to PC's especially along the realms of SATA.

I've done a little research and seen some good news but mostly incompatabilities or other odness with these newer systems.....good to wait a bit to be honest

Opus :D

3. alex2003

alex2003 Guest

Thanks for advice, Opus
    I have P4PE with SCSI and P41.6 overclocked to 2.3 now. Do you think I have to spend 350 for P4 3.06 or it wouldn't make great difference.
    Thanks
    Alex

4. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

First off be careful on the overclocking on the 1.6...don't abuse it as it may go south on you.

The difference you would see getting a 3.06Ghz CPU would be night and day..truly

Opus

5. alex2003

alex2003 Guest

Thanks, Opus
    I'll be geting 3.06 than.
    My 1.6 is running fine since I've got it a year ago. You think I should lower the speed to be on the safe side?

6. 3dchris

3dchris Active Member

Alex,
    I had 2.4 and upgraded to 3.06....the difference is absolutely huge. Don't even think about it...get it !!

tnx,

chris