1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Panasonic DA7, What do you think of it?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by hondacrxdude13, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Is the Panasonic DA7 a good or bad piece to have? What makes it good what makes it bad? If this is bad, what would you recommend?

2. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

A DA-7 is a "good piece or bad piece"?? Piece of what? Not heavy enough to be a boat anchor, but if you had TWO of them and some duct tape...

3. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Could it be that bad? I have no experience with this piece of gear. We are talking about a digital mixer yes? It has some cool features. I did find some caveats on line though. Better read through these tips if you plan on buying it.

4. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

I stand corrected-I thought the poster was referring to a model Panasonic R-DAT. Panasonic's mixer line is RAMSA, and I have an analog 8-bus RAMSA. Build quality is very good, good mic pre's, etc. The RAMSA digital mixers from the 1990's had a reputation of software glitches and power supply issues. You used to see a lot of them on e-Bay, many of them with the caveat that the unit didn't power up or that the display screen was blank.