1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Panning and Bouncing

Discussion in 'Recording' started by oranjuly, Jul 24, 2005.

1. oranjuly

oranjuly Guest

Here is my issue. In mixing 8 tracks down to 2 to put on my PC, I have to bounce them together. For my 2 guitar tracks I want one hard left and the other hard right (it sounds amazing in regular playback), but when bouncing them together, I cannot get that. Is there a way to keep the great panning job in bouncing to keep the stereo sound even if I bounce 8 tracks down to 2?
    Any insight or help would be awesome, its driving me nuts!
    (im pretty new at this stuff).

I heard about something called "channel linking" in bouncing tracks, but I am not sure if the br-864 has this feature (I dont see why it wouldnt). Thanks

2. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

When bouncing them down, make sure you choose "stereo Interleaved" and not mono.

3. oranjuly

oranjuly Guest

Im not sure if the br-864 has that option, but Ill definitely check it out. Thanks a lot!

4. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

How are you recording into your computer, softwarewise? And are you using two mono channels panned right and left, or one stereo track in the computer software?

5. oranjuly

oranjuly Guest

I just use USB cord to export the 2 tracks from my 8track, other than that I dont use any PC software.